Monday 25 October 2010

Mackies Ice Cream Run endurance ride

My name is Jahmel and I am a fleabitten grey arab gelding living in Aberdeenshire, Scotland.  My mum thinks the world of me and loves taking me to interesting places.

Today mum got me out of bed early and seemed a bit cross because I had rolled a bitty in the night.  I didn’t think I was that dirty!  Anyway off we went to the place where they make lovely icecream – the Mackies Factory at Cross of Jackston.  It seems that the field we were supposed to park in was under water so we were invited to park at the factory as long as we took all poo away! Mum decided as the ground was so wet that I should wear my easyboot epics with the studs in.   A good decision as it turned out as most of the 24km ride was on wet fields and tracks. Mum didn’t tell me about the nasty wind turbines on the hill though. And as it was a very windy day they were going round very fast and making a horrid noise as well as making scary shadows on the ground!  Just as well I had my studded boots on as I had a little paddy on top of the hill and just might have slipped otherwise.  Mum didn’t seem to appreciate the little bucks I put in for the sheer joy of it!  Or was it something to do with the horizontal sleet on my bum!  We finished the ride very wet and muddy but on a good heart rate at nearly 11kph.  All in all mum seemed quite pleased with me and my boots.

Thank you to Carol Henderson and Jahmel for their lovely story- an Easycare hoofpick is on its way to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.